2012-02-10

Baked Mini Corn Dogs




I know what you are going to say.. Why didnt she post this recipe before the Super Bowl??? Well one thing is that I didnt have the recipe at the time and another thing is that I had no idea about the football cup, we dont know nothing about it back in Europe.. The only thing I remember about this event  is an "accident" that Janet Jackson had back in 2004...   But.... now that I've seen it, I have to admit that it's a spectacular event, I cant say more about the actual sport game, I dont understand it so far... :o
So today I have a great party food, mini corn dogs on a stick! I had such a pleasent time doing them with my son (Kostas)... Are you ready?

Baked Mini Corn Dogs (adapted from Food Network)

Ingredients (18 mini corn dogs)

1 cup reduced-fat milk
1 package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup and 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of sweet or hot paprika
9 reduced fat hot dogs halved crosswise
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions

Warm the milk (lukewarm not hot) and pour it into a bowl. Add the one spoon of sugar, stir and add the yeast. Let the yeast to activate for 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the dry ingredients, cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, paprika in a bowl.
Back in the milk and yeast mixture, add the rest of the sugar and olive oil. Stir and add the flour mixture in three doses. Stir to make a sticky dough.


Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise i a warm spot for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Insert a wooden stick into each hot dog half and set aside.


 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Turn the dough in lightly floured surface, add some flour on top of the dough and fold 2-3 times (you dont have to knead it, but if you feel like it, go ahead and knead). Divide the dough into 18 pieces.


With your palms, roll each piece into a 10-inch length. Here is my assistant..


Wrap each piece around a hot dog half (it's really easy), press the edges to seal


Brush the corn dogs with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.


Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.



Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis