2012-10-25

Delicious Broccoli and Cheese muffins



 I’m having a hard time making my son eat something green..

I mean it’s just insane, he just looks at something green and he rolls his eyes.  He just started to behave like this, 3 months ago, I was thinking that it’s a phase that will pass.. I'm still hoping that it's just a phase..

Well what do you know, he ate 6 muffins with broccoli and loved them.. He just didn’t know that the lovely vegetable was inside his little muffin..

Ingredients (12 muffins)

1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets remove hard pieces
1 clove garlic peel on
1 slice bacon
200 g Greek yogurt 2%
2 eggs
80 gr crumbled Feta Cheese
50 ml olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Parmesan
Salt and pepper
1 / 2 cup  all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon mild paprika

How to make

Bring to a boil plenty of water and add the florets of broccoli. Simmer for 4 minutes, drain and rinse them with cold water. Once cooled drain and keep aside.
Preheat oven to 390 degrees. 
Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the garlic clove. Cook it until it gets soft inside, remove from pan.  Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer to paper towel. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
Using a bowl combine yogurt with eggs, olive oil, parmesan, feta and just a pinch of salt and pepper.  Peel the cooked clove of garlic and put it into the food processor. Add the broccoli and pulse just one – two times. Add the broccoli – garlic mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder and paprika. Mix well.
Grease the cups (even if you use paper ones, grease them too) of a tin muffin and divide the mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. 5 minutes before done, remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and continue baking for the next 5 minutes.



Enjoy!!!

15 comments:

  1. I love savory muffins - any day , any time. Muffins are my favorite breakfast dish these days. Your version looks totally yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to hide vegetables :) The muffins look delicious! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!
    A great way to "sneak" in some vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely looking muffins. Great way to have your son eat his vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a wonderful mom! I'm happy to hear that he really enjoyed these muffins and you won the battle! This is probably just a phase. Having you as a mom, there is NO way that he will resist your food. And you will continue to figure out how to feed him. :) Thanks for your kind message. Hope you and your family have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great way to hide vegetables. My son has recently started to say he hates greens as well. I don't know what's come over him. He used to eat greens all the time and then he turned seven and suddenly started to refuse them. I hope this is a short phase for both of us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated most vegetables when I was a kid and still a little picky to this day. :-P

    These look great though as broccoli I do like. Might try them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I have never tasted savory muffins I need some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very odd to see savoury muffins like this but I tried something like it before so I bet this would taste awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever indeed Eri, sneaking broccoli into his muffins! :) I love it and think I'd eat liver or anchovies, probably just about anything in one of your muffins! These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These muffins looks incredibly delicious! So smart of you to sneak veggies into these muffins, glad that you son enjoyed it! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Broccoli and cheese are one of my favorite flavor combinations. I have never made savory muffins before, I must make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sigoura o monos tropos na me peiseis na fao brokolo!!!! fainontai teleia!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our favourite savoury muffins are cheese and chive. I never thought of broccoli and cheese. We will be trying the recipe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a good trick of sneaking vegetables to kids who don't like to eat greens, and surely this muffin of yours will be loved by kids. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis