2012-11-29

Chewy Caramel Nut and Wafers Squares



So happy holiday season everybody!
Such a busy period this is but well.. I love it!
Make these so simple and delicious squares and celebrate the season, They are so easy and  with minimum ingredients you'll have the perfect Christmas Gift for friends. this is just a go to recipe and you can add whatever ingredients you like. Munch Munch Munch!

Ingredients ( Idea from Canadian Living)

1 1/4 finely ground vanilla wafers
1/3 cup butter melted
1/4 cup coarsly ground pecans or peanuts
1/2 cup broken pretzels
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or peanuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk

How to make

Mix together the wafers, 1/3 of the coarsely ground nuts and melted bautter. Press into parchment paper lined square cake pan (9 inch).
Sprinkle with Chocolate chips, pretzels, nuts an pour condensed milk over top.


Bake in 350F oven until set in centre about 30 -35 minutes. Let cool in pan on a rack for 30 minutes then cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Cut into squares.
You can wrap and refrigerate the squares for up to 5 days or freeze for up to one month.


Enjoy!!!

I want to thank Akheela from Torview and Create with mom for sending me the new cookbook of Lidia Bastianich "Lidia's Favorite recipes" that I won in her giveaway. Thank you so much Akheela!



17 comments:

  1. Oh yeah they look easy and delicious! I love your stacks of candies and these squares in jars. I'd be hanging out around there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother would love these...a must make this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm these look fantastic! There's so much good stuff in one bar, like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eri,
    Easy and absolutely scrumptious!!
    I've referred my elder kids to your site!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful looking Christmas gift. I love your presentation and it looks seriously delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree thats a really nice gift, is that what youre giving me for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eri, these sound delightful and I'm thinking probably quite addictive. I usually freeze goodies like this to keep me from snitching too many but the microwave would be a bit too easy even with these in the freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a yummy festival food. I love these and the best part is these are so easy to make! Thanks for sharing the recipe :-) Cheers, Suchi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm extremely inspired along with your writing abilities and also with the layout to your weblog. Is this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's uncommon to peer
    a great blog like this one these days..
    Also visit my page - multi-level marketing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I go to see everyday some web sites and blogs to read posts, except this
    weblog gives feature based writing.
    Have a look at my page ... online money making

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
    now every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with
    the exact same comment. Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!
    My weblog - mario badescu acne repair kit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am extremely inspired with your writing skills as well as with
    the layout to your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did
    you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing,
    it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays..
    Here is my web site ... www.youtube.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone
    to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. kudos
    My weblog :: skin bleaching

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and
    I was wanting to know your situation; we have created some
    nice practices and we are looking to exchange methods with other folks, why not shoot
    me an email if interested.
    Here is my web blog :: diablo 3 gold farming

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this time of year as well. I like how you used the vanilla wafers...interesting.

    I am going to put these on my baking list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am
    waiting for your next post thank you once again.
    Here is my blog post ; tattoo removal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis